Jürgen Gutsch - 20 February, 2019
Opinion: This post is about some thoughts about the repository pattern in combination with object relational mapper like entity framework. It describes my personal opinion about the sense and nonsense of that pattern.
Jürgen Gutsch - 11 February, 2019
Maybe you already heard or read about the fact that Microsoft brings WinForms and WPF to .NET Core 3.0. Since the .NET Standards moves the API of .NET Core more to the same level of .NET Framework, it was a question of time when the APIs are almost equal.
Jürgen Gutsch - 30 January, 2019
In my post about Configuring HTTPS in ASP.NET Core 2.1 a reader asked how to configure the HTTPS settings using user secrets. In this post I'm going to answer this question also by writing about how to configure the WebHostBuilder using app configuration
Jürgen Gutsch - 18 January, 2019
In the last post, I wrote about unit testing data access in ASP.NET Core. This time I'm going to go into integration tests. This post shows you how to write an end-to-end test using a WebApplicationFactory and hot to write specific integration test.
Jürgen Gutsch - 15 January, 2019
Recently I got asked to explain how to unit test a controller that retrieves data using an entity Framework Core DbContext. In this post I'm going to show you how to use GenFu, Moq and XUnit to create small and isolated unit tests for your ASP.NET Core application.
- 19 Nov 2018 Removing Disqus and adding GitHub Issue Comments
- 16 Nov 2018 Disabling comments on this blog until they are moved to GitHub
- 13 Nov 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 10: TagHelpers
- 29 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 09: ActionFilter
- 17 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 08: ModelBinders
- 11 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 07: OutputFormatter
- 08 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 06: Middlewares
- 04 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 05: HostedServices
- 01 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 04: HTTPS
- 27 Sep 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 03: Dependency Injection