Jürgen Gutsch - 16 April, 2019
For my Twitch stream I planned to show how to migrate a legacy ASP.NET application to ASP.NET Core, to start a completely new ASP.NET Core project and to show some news about the .NET Developer Community. When I did the first stream and introduced the plans to the audience, it somehow turns into the direction to migrate the legacy application.
Jürgen Gutsch - 10 April, 2019
If you have a Middleware that needs to work on a specific path, you should implement it by mapping it to a route in ASP.NET Core 3.0, instead of just checking the path names. This post shows how it should be done in ASP.NET Core 3.0
Jürgen Gutsch - 01 April, 2019
The people who know me, also know that I'm a huge fan of consoles and CLIs. I run the dotnet CLI as well as the Angular CLI and the create-react CLI. Yeoman is also a tool I like. This blog post is about to install the Git Flow CLI as an Git extension and about how to use it in the console.
Jürgen Gutsch - 26 February, 2019
While working an a new application for a customer, which needs to work in their on premise environment and uses their custom authentication service, I stuck in a problem with the custom authentication cookie in combination with ASP.NET forms authentication. In this post I descript that problem and a solution I finally found.
- 20 Feb 2019 Thoughts about repositories and ORMs or why we love rocket science!
- 11 Feb 2019 WPF and WinForms will run on .NET Core 3
- 30 Jan 2019 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 11: WebHostBuilder
- 18 Jan 2019 Integration testing data access in ASP.NET Core
- 15 Jan 2019 Unit testing data access in ASP.NET Core
- 19 Nov 2018 Removing Disqus and adding GitHub Issue Comments
- 16 Nov 2018 Disabling comments on this blog until they are moved to GitHub
- 13 Nov 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 10: TagHelpers
- 29 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 09: ActionFilter
- 17 Oct 2018 Customizing ASP.NET Core Part 08: ModelBinders